CORTICOSTEROIDS. SIDE EFFECTS AND ALTERNATIVES
Corticosteroids are one of the most used drugs today, so you should know what are their side effects and possible alternatives that nature offers.
Corticosteroids are a class of drugs that offer cortisone and used to treat many diseases, especially inflammatory diseases, rheumatic or autoimmune diseases, such as:
-Arthritis, inflammation, asthma, cancer, severe allergies, skin problems (urticaria, severe psoriasis, exfoliative dermatitis, erythema multiforme ,..), ophthalmic disease, ulcerative colitis, etc.
It is important to know that cortisone does not help shorten the virus, but is used purely to improve the welfare of the patient. The effect of cortisone is the suppression of the immune system, reduce inflammation and pain in the damaged site, so from the outset corticosteroids are dropping our defenses against infections and hampering a recovery in any infectious process already have.
On the other hand, there are many side effects that may occur when steroids are taken in high doses or for long periods of time, such as:
* General swelling (fluid retention)
* Increased appetite
* Weight gain
* Osteoporosis (brittle bones)
* Erectile Dysfunction
* Delayed wound healing
Decreased blood potassium
* Menstruation Problems
* Yellow teeth
* Etc …
Moreover, the most malnourished are, the worse the side effects of steroids.
Alternatives to steroids
There are several methods of treatment as an alternative to traditional medicine that give us the opportunity to find relief from various conditions or diseases without paying a high price for it, as supposed side effects of most drugs, and are the Phytotherapy, homeopathy and acupuncture.
Inside there are several plants Fitoterapia very effective anti-inflammatory and antihistamine effects similar to steroids, but without its harmful effects, which are:
* Aloe Vera: its effect antiinflamorio (both topical and juice).
* Chamomile: topical application, is ideal for skin inflammations.
* Devil’s Claw: In case of joint inflammation
* Licorice: is a plant-inflammatory and antiallergic action.
* Turmeric: Anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial
* Echinacea: anti-inflammatory
* Black currant, is one of the most potent plants as an alternative to steroids.
The properties of Aloe Vera lies in its extremely complex chemical composition, so that their applications cover a wide spectrum of organic disease based on the following therapeutic activities:
* Anti-inflammatory: Aloe Vera is a natural anti-inflammatory action of anthraquinones, which are natural painkillers and also have an inflammatory component. Reduces inflammation of tissues and exerts a calming effect, like cortisone, but without the adverse effects thereof. It is therefore useful in problems such as arthritis, injuries, bumps, insect bites, etc.
* Analgesic Its active ingredients have a remarkable ability to penetrate to the basal layer of the skin, inhibiting and blocking the peripheral nerve fibers (pain receptors) and greatly disrupting the conduction of nerve impulses that cause pain. This effect is aided by their content of salicylic acid and its anti-inflammatory.
* Wound Healing
The antiinflammatory action of Aloe Vera juice mingles with the other pharmacological properties (healing, immunostimulants, etc..) Facilitating the recovery processes of different kinds.
Recommended for oral use in a wide range of diseases and processes that occur as a consequence of an accumulation of toxins, acting as a metabolic regulator, purifying and toning overall body. They also benefit from the anti-inflammatory, analgesic, healing and regenerative AV juice, processes affecting the joint, bone and muscle.
Topical application of AV gel covers a wide range of skin conditions, in which show bacteriostatic properties and analgesic, anti-infectives, anti-inflammatory, healing, regenerative and soothing aloe, burns, insect bites, contact irritant animals or plants (nettles, poison ivy, etc.) acne, candida, herpes, psoriasis, chicken pox, rosacea, hemorrhoids, etc.
If we talk about trade Juice Aloe Vera has been highly refined to extract the components of the plant as diarrhea are Alona, and developed methods for the conservation of all active ingredients such as cold stabilization, we can state that there are virtually no cases of adverse reactions on the oral intake of Aloe Vera juice and gel topical application.
We just need to advise that it is not convenient AV Juice intake during lactation and the first trimester of pregnancy, and in small amounts in the following months in the case of normal pregnancies.